Killiecrankie Campers Hire Terms and Conditions
* At the time of booking a 25% deposit is required with the balance due 7 weeks prior to hire. In the event of a cancellation this deposit is non-refundable.
* A booking confirmation email will be forwarded to guests showing balances paid and balances due.
* Full payment required 7 weeks before hire date.
* The insurance security deposit must be paid by the hire date. If necessary it can be paid on the day of hire using a Visa debit or credit card or a MasterCard credit card.
* Killiecrankie Campers reserves the right to rent the campervan described on the website, via phone or viewed in person or any substitute campervan subject to all the terms and conditions of this agreement.
* All funds must be cleared before the time of hire, otherwise this could result in a loss of deposit and cancellation of hire. Cash in part or full will not be accepted as payment for hire charges.
* Included in the price of hire is full comprehensive insurance, covering the campervan and equipment only. Equipment excluded are bike rack, awning and any other optional equipment. Damage to these will be charged in full.
* The insurance is only valid for the period of hire. The period of hire is from the collection date and time to the specified return date and time. Any late return or driving by non-named drivers would invalidate the insurance and constitute a traffic offence under the Road Traffic Act in which the driver may be liable to prosecution. The hirer and any driver would also be personally liable for any damage to the campervan, any personal injuries, third part property, third party injuries and any other related liabilities after the insurance expiry date and time.
* It is the driver’s responsibility to provide full information on any driving convictions or health restriction. Please note there may be insurance surcharges dependent on any of the above being applicable. Please also note that the insurance policy will be invalidated if the hirer or driver misrepresents or withholds driving convictions or health restriction information. Should an insurance policy become invalidated for any reasons Killiecrankie Campers hire will hold the hirer responsible for all fines, losses, damages and other costs.
* An insurance security deposit of £500 must be paid on the campervan collection date. This deposit is held against any and all damage to the campervan.
* The hirer shall be responsible for any and all of Killiecrankie Campers uninsured losses, which may arise as a result of hire.
* The insurance security deposit will be returned within a week after the end of the hire period providing that the hirer(s) return the campervan under the following conditions:
o With all tyres, tools accessories and equipment in the same condition as when received,
o Returned to the place and on the date and time specified, or sooner if demanded by Killiecrankie Campers,
o Returned having used the campervan in a reasonable manner. (See campervan use.)
Charges which may be deducted from the insurance security deposit.
* Fridge not clean - £25
* Cooker hob/oven/grill not cleaned - £25
* Portaloo not emptied & cleaned - £50
* Smoking in the campervan - £200
* Damage to any of supplied equipment i.e. kitchen crockery/utensils, camping chairs etc - cost of replacement.
* Punctured tyre - £30
* Damaged/punctured tyre(s) - cost of replacement tyre and fitting.
* Windscreen damage - cost of replacement
* Late return of campervan - £50 per hour.
* Must have held a full licence for a minimum of three years.
* Must be aged between the ages of 25 and 75.
* All drivers must be present at the time of collection and produce a photo driving licence and paper copy. In the case of an old style paper UK licence, the licence must be produced and photographic identification in the form of a passport must be provided.
* Only named drivers that have met the insurance company eligibility requirements are permitted to drive the campervan.
* In addition to the drivers licence requirements two other proofs of ID are required e.g. recent utility bills and bank statements dated within the last 60 days are required with the name and address of the driver(s) and that address must correspond to their driving licence. This also applies to the second named driver (driving licence & utility bill / bank statement with corresponding address). Failure to provide this on the day of collection will, without exception, result in termination of the hire contract with no refund.
* Visitors from abroad must produce a valid unendorsed domestic driving licence or international licence as well as a passport and have a minimum of three years driving experience.
* Excluded drivers:-
o Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed are not permitted. “Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.
o Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
o Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.
o Persons who suffer from any loss or loss of use of limb, eye, defective hearing or vision (not corrected by spectacles or hearing aid), a heart/diabetic/epileptic condition or from any other infirmity that should be disclosed to DVLA/DVLNI.
o Persons who have during the past 5 years been convicted of any of the following offences: manslaughter, causing death by dangerous or reckless driving, dangerous driving, driving whilst under the influence of drink or drugs, failing to stop after and/or report an accident to Police or any combination of offences that have resulted in suspension or disqualification from driving.
o Persons who during the last 3 years have made 2 or more claims where the cost of each claim has not been recovered from any other party.
o Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
o Jockeys and persons connected with racing, gaming industry or press of any sort.
Killiecrankie Campers, Cancellations
* All cancellations must be submitted in writing. It is strongly advised that hirers take out their own insurance against unavoidable cancellation.
* The following fees apply in the event of cancellation prior to the hire date.
o 7 weeks before start of hire-loss of deposit.
o Two to four weeks before start of hire - 50% of total hire charge.
o Two weeks or less before start of hire - 100% of total hire charge.
Fuel, Gas and Daily Campervan Maintenance
* Fuel is at the hirer’s expense. The campervan will be provided with a full tank of fuel (diesel) when it is collected. The campervan must be returned with a full tank of diesel. If the campervan is not returned with a full tank a charge in £ required to bring the tank to full will be made to the hirer, with a surcharge of £30 above the cost of refueling.
* A gas cylinder will be supplied with the campervan. If gas needs to be replenished during the hire period, the hirer may replace the gas bottle and will be reimbursed by Killiecrankie Campers only if a receipt is produced. Butane (blue bottle) must always be used.
* The responsibility of checking oil/water levels on a daily basis in the engine and other necessary campervan components, such as checking tyre pressure, are the responsibility of the hirer while on hire.
* Full cost of repairing damage to the engine will be charged to the hirer should the incorrect fuel be used to fill the tank.
Breakdown and Accidents
* Seatbelts must be worn by all passengers. This is the hirers responsibility.
* Killiecrankie Campers will not be responsible for any third party damages or claims in connection with or as a consequence to any accident or breakdown.
* Should a breakdown or accident occur, Killiecrankie Campers shall not be held responsible for any hotel, replacement vehicle or consequential expenses connected to breakdowns or accidents.
* Great effort is made to ensure the campervan is in a roadworthy and safe condition before hire commencement. Killiecrankie Campers shall not be liable for any consequences arising from defects or mechanical failure of the campervan although all reasonable precautions have been taken to prevent such happenings.
* Breakdowns –Specifics
o 24 breakdown cover is provided - phone number is located on the driver’s side sun visor.
o The hirer may authorise repairs up to the value of £50 and will be reimbursed on supply of a valid receipt.
o The hirer must obtain the permission of Killiecrankie Campers for repair and replacement costs above £50.
o Should the campervan be involved in an accident, however small, the full details must be filled on the accident report form provided.
o A diagram should be drawn. There is space on the back of the accident report form for a diagram to be drawn.
o The hirer participates as an insured under a comprehensive campervan insurance policy. The hirer agrees further to protect the interests of Killiecrankie Campers and the insurance company in the event of an accident during the hire term by:
1- Notifying the police immediately if there is property damage, if people are injured and in order to determine fault for insurance purposes.
2- Not admitting guilt or liability.
3- Obtain names and address of parties involved and witnesses
4- Not abandoning the campervan without adequate provisions for safely guarding and securing same.
5- Notifying Killiecrankie Campers immediately, of any loss or damage occurring to campervan, and of any fault. Please indicate if the campervan is roadworthy or is liable to cause danger to any person or property.
The campervan should not be used until damage has been repaired, corrected and fault determined.
* We do not allow pets in the campervan.
* Smoking is strictly prohibited in the campervan. Any infringement on this rule will incur a minimum charge of £200.
Killiecrankie Campers, Campervan Use
The campervan shall NOT be used:
* For hires or reward.
* Knowingly for any illegal purpose.
* To propel or tow any other campervan or trailer.
* For racing, pace making, reliability trials, speed testing or driver tuition.
* To carry a greater number of passengers and/or more baggage than recommended by the campervan manufacturer
* By any person who has given a fictitious or false name.
* By any person other than the hirer who signed the rental agreement or who have been named as a driver and approved by Killiecrankie Campers or by a campervan repairer in the event of accident or breakdown.
* By any person who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
* For travel to music festivals or unauthorised sports events.
* On any unsealed roads or unauthorised roads, in forbidden or restricted areas or on any beaches or in salt water.
* Outside Scotland, England or Wales.
Campervan Keys and Control
* The hirer is required to keep the campervan under their control throughout the hire period.
* The campervan must be locked at all times when unattended.
* The keys for the campervan must be kept safe at all times. All costs to replace the keys will be the responsibility of the hirer. Duplication of the keys is expressly prohibited.
Killiecrankie Campers, Collection and Return.
* The collection of the campervan must be made by arrangement sometime between 1.30pm and 4pm on specified day. The campervan must be returned before 12 noon on the agreed hire return date. Campervans will not be available for collection or return at any other time. Failure to comply with the return time will result in the hirer being surcharged at the rate of £50 per hour, or any part thereof, the first 3 hours and the balance of the deposit thereafter, together with any additional costs incurred by Killiecrankie Campers.
* There is no refund for early return.
* The hirer, upon inspection with a representative of Killiecrankie Campers, acknowledges delivery of the campervan and the contents free from any defects or damage and complete other than specified by Killiecrankie Campers. The hirer is advised to check the campervan thoroughly before leaving the companies premises. Upon return the condition of the campervan will be checked for damage, cleanliness, fuel levels, tyres, any hired options, conditions that affect the security insurance deposit and other general conditions.
* The security deposit will be returned within 1 week after the end of the hire period provided the campervan is returned to us in a satisfactory condition and at the location and date and time agreed. Satisfactory condition includes, clean, undamaged, with all tools, accessories and equipment in the same condition as when collected and having been operated in a reasonable manner (see campervan use).
* The hirer is liable for all overhead damage to the vehicle resulting from, any accident. The maximum height and length of the campervan is clearly stated on the driver’s sun visor.
* All incidents relating to tyres including punctures are the hirers responsibility.
* Personal possessions are not covered. Killiecrankie Campers shall not be liable for loss or damage to any property left, stored, transported by hirer or any other person in the campervan either before or after the return to Killiecrankie Campers. The hirer hereby agrees to hold Killiecrankie Campers harmless from and indemnify Killiecrankie Campers against all claims based upon or arising out of such loss of damage. Hirers are strongly advised to take out travel insurance.
In the event that charges, including damage repair and replacement, exceed the level of security deposit, you will be charged any additional sum to cover this excess and that sum will be due immediately at the end of hire.
* Killiecrankie Campers cannot be held responsible in the event of any damage or inconvenience caused by inclement weather.
Customer vehicles stored at own risk
* Parking is provided free to the hirer for the duration of the hire period at the vehicle owner’s risk.
* All effort is made to ensure that the reserved campervan, or a suitable replacement is available. However, if circumstances beyond our control prevent Killiecrankie Campers from honouring the reservation, Killiecrankie Campers will in no way be held responsible and all payment which have been made to Killiecrankie Campers will be refunded.
Changes in Killiecrankie Campers Terms and Conditions
* Killiecrankie Campers reserves the right to alter the rates and conditions at any time. We also reserve the right to refuse or cancel hire to any person without warning or explanation. Additions or alterations of the terms of this agreement shall be null and void unless agreed upon in writing by all concerned parties.
Ending the Agreement
* We will end this agreement immediately and repossess the vehicle if we find out that your belongings have been taken away from you to pay off your debts, or a receiving order has been made against you. We will also end this agreement and repossess the vehicle if you do not meet any of the conditions of this agreement or have obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation, or the vehicle appears to be abandoned.
If you are a company, we will also end this agreement immediately and repossess the vehicle if you go into liquidation or you call a meeting of creditors.
If we end this agreement, it will not affect our right to receive any money we are owed under the conditions of this agreement.
* This agreement is covered by the laws of Scotland. Any dispute may be settled in courts of that country.